Engineering South Renovation
Oklahoma State University
Since 1939, Engineering South (ES) has provided the College of Engineering, Architecture, and Technology a high profile location in the heart of campus adjacent to Edmond Low Library.This historic structure has been the long-term home for Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) and Civil and Environmental Engineering (CIVE). The building has played an important role in the life of our college and is embedded in the hearts of CEAT alumni.
Wallace Design Collective provided civil engineering services for the renovation of the Engineering South Building. This overhaul involved stripping the entire building down to its core structure and exterior shell. The revamped structure will include new finishes, exterior doors, windows, and updated MEP systems. A brand new 200-seat auditorium was added for additional classroom space. The new buildings serve the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology (CEAT) students and faculty.
The ground level will serve as a primary entry point for CEAT Recruitment, Scholarships, Career Services, and Special Programs. This floor will also feature the Zink Leadership Center and additional classroom spaces. The Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) department will dominate the second floor, with additional spaces in the basement and on the fourth floor. The third floor and parts of the fourth will be allocated to Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. Meanwhile, Civil and Environmental Engineering has transitioned to its freshly upgraded space on the second floor of Engineering North.
photos: ©Baker Rowan Creative