Groendyke Transportation Facility
On July 12, 1932, Harold Groendyke hauled his first load of kerosene from Borger, Texas, to Beaver, Okla. He drove a two-axle Ford truck equipped with a 3,000-gallon tank mounted on a homemade chassis. That 110-mile, day-long drive pioneered the tank truck industry in the Midwest. Today, with 40 terminals in 15 states, Groendyke Transport is the fourth-largest tank-truck carrier in the United States.
Wallace provided civil engineering services for a 23,200 square foot truck terminal and parking lot. The 10 acres of concrete paving includes 135 standard spaces, 5 ADA, and 89 truck parking spaces. The new facility includes four bays for truck maintenance, office space and conference room, a dispatch area, and a spacious driver lounge and showers. The project included a DEQ Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SP3).
Photography: ©Vast Media and Crossland Construction