St. James Catholic Church
St. James the Greater Parish was originally founded in 1837, with a parish church later built in 1848 on N. Water Street, two blocks north of downtown Liberty. That church was rebuilt nearby in 1913. In 1981 they relocated to a new site and in 2017 the church was deemed too small for the growing parish. In 2018 ground was broken for a new church just a stone’s throw away on campus from the old site.
Wallace provided structural engineering services for a new 24,000 square foot church. The new open concept church can seat 1,200 people, is handicapped accessible, has a side chapel and features a floor-level choir and organ ‘loft’ and a large narthex gathering space.