University of Tulsa
The stage for the University of Tulsa’s international reputation in the petroleum and geology fields was set in 1930 with the dedication of their first petroleum engineering building. To accommodate and advance their engineering programs, TU commissioned a four-month project of needs assessment, programming, cost estimating and site analysis, with the goal of identifying the physical needs of the Engineering Department. This assessment led to the renovation of Keplinger Hall and the construction of two new facilities – J. Newton Rayzor Hall and Stephenson Hall.
Stephenson Hall houses the Department of Mechanical Engineering and the McDougall School of Petroleum Engineering. The facility houses 16 large integrated classrooms and teaching/research laboratories, “wet labs” for courses such as chemistry and geology, 34 faculty and graduate student offices, four student commons areas, a conference room and a student organizations office.
Photos: ©Sam Fentress Photography