Designed by renowned architect Solomon Layton in 1923 and later added to the Register of Historic Places in 1980, The Heritage, formerly known as The Journal Record Building, has stood as a witness to the resilience and optimism of Oklahoma City following the horrific April 19th, 1995 bombing that destroyed the neighboring Murrah Building and devastated the Heritage Building.
The historic building features Class A commercial space, retail and luxury living with an abundance of private parking. Its signature office space is an artful balance of modern design and amenities enveloped by its familiar, classic architecture.
Wallace provided structural engineering services for a 12,000 square foot steel framed penthouse added atop the historic concrete building. The new penthouse has glass curtain wall around the exterior for optimum views of the city. The design required extensive field surveying and analysis of the existing concrete structure.
Photos: ©W. Scott Chester Photography